We can’t live without cheesecake. ? I make it all year round as a tasty dessert we all can enjoy. Here’s my version which is low-carb, Keto and Gluten free friendly. Use any kind of nuts you want in this crust if you can’t find macadamias. You can also use any berries as topping, but raspberries are my favorite. Delish!
Low Carb + Keto Creamy Cheesecake
- 9-inch pie pan or springform pan (23 cm i diameter)
- Stand Mixer
- A cake pan or roasting pan that the springform can fit into for the water bath
For the Nut Crust:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup Brown Erythritol
- 7 tbsp butter, melted
For the Cheesecake filling:
- 6 egg yolks
- 16 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup Monkfruit + Erythritol sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups sour cream 18% fat (full fat)
For top garnish:
- whipped cream
- raspberries, strawberries or other berries of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
Make the nut crust:
- Prepare the springform: grease the bottom and sides with butter. Wrap the outside of the springform with several layers of heavy duty aluminum foil (this is to prevent water leaking in under the water bath, so I usually use 3-4 layers.)
- Put the nuts, coconut and brown erythritol in the food processor and pulse until the nuts are quite finely ground, but not to a "flour".
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pat into the pie pan or springform filling the bottom and a bit up the sides. Use a glass to flatten and pack the crust so there are no holes.
- Chill in refrigerator until the filling is ready.
Make the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetener together in your stand mixer with the whisk attachment until very smooth on medium speed. Scrape the bowl in the process to make sure all is incorporated.
- Beat the egg yolks in and then the vanilla, lemon juice and salt. Scrape again and beat until everything is smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream and beat until just blended.
- Pour the filling into the springform over the crust. Place the springform in the cakepan or roasting pan. Place in the middle of the oven (that should be still at 350F (175C). Using a pitcher or a measuring cup, carefully pour water into the bottom pan and surround the springform with 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven without opening the oven door and let the cake cool down in the oven for 1 hour. Take the cake out and cool on a rack until it is at room temperature. Here the cake will still be a bit jiggly in the center, but don't worry! Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream. Enjoy!