I absolutely LOVE Pecan Tarts! While a bit more labour intensive, this is a relatively easy dessert recipe. These tarts are wonderful for parties, look lovely in a mixed dessert platter, and are always a popular treat! While one could easily substitute traditional tart dough I made these Gluten Free for my fellow Celiacs!
Gluten Free Pecan Tarts
- Stand Mixer
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 3 Silicone Muffin Pans, 6-cup
- 2 Cookie Sheet
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- 3 Cups Chopped Pecans
- 9 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 3 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Tart Shells (Use 1/4 C of dough per each Tart)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- Melt butter and set aside to cool
- Chop Pecans
- Crack all eggs into a small metal bowl and whisk.
- Mix all pecan filling ingredients together until well blended.
Tart Shell Crust
- Combine all ingredients in a Mixing Bowl and mix until dough forms.
- Use 1/4 Cup of dough for each tart shell.
- Butter and lightly flour (GF Flour) silcone muffin pan. Press 1/4 dough into each section and up sides, not quite half way up. Prick base with end of a fork.
- Cook Tart Shells for 5 minutes in pre-heated 375 degree oven
- Remove from oven.
- While still warm divide pecans equally between 16 tart shells
- Divide filling equally as well. Easiest to pour filling from a 1/4 measuring cup.
- Once all tarts are filled return to 375 Degree oven and bake for 30 minutes or until light brown and filling is firm.
- Unless you're using a convection oven, rotate and switch cookie sheets in the oven halfway through bake so bottom crust doesn't become too brown.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Enjoy!