Cucumber Raita is usually served as a condiment with other Indian dishes but it can be a served as a summer side dish as well!
- 2 Cups Plain Yogurt
- 2 Cups Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Course Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Grate Cucumber and drain off liquid
- Combine All ingredients except cumin seed and mix well
- Dry roast cumin seed in sautée pan until seeds begin to brown slightly and start to pop. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Once cumin seeds are cooled add to cucumber mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a condiment with other Indian dishes or as a side dish with other cuisine. Particularly good with spicy foods as it cools the palate.