I enjoy strolling through my garden in the summer and picking veggies and herbs to use in savoury soups. I added garden tomatoes, peppers, carrots, kale, basil, and parsley to create this recipe! Lovely when you can use fresh, ripe ingredients as it enhances the flavour.
Grilled Lemon Chicken Soup
- 12 cup Soup Pot
Chicken and herb ingredients
- 8 Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons Can add more lemon juice if prefer it to be more lemony!
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 1/8 Cup Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Salt and Pepper Mixture
- 10 Cups Water
- 4 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Course Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 3 large Potatoes
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 2.5 Cups Kale
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1.5 Cups Sweet Pepper
- 3 Cups Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 2 Cups Yellow Onion
- 2 Cups Celery
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- Place frozen chicken breasts on oiled sheet tray or stainless steel pan. Brush oil on top of chicken breasts. Broil on low for 25 minutes, removing from oven a few times to baste with oil as needed to keep from becoming dry.
- After 25 minutes remove from oven. Baste well with oil in pan, or add more as needed. Combine paprika and salt/pepper mix. Thoroughly coat all chicken breasts with this mixture.
- Place back in oven under low broiler and resume cooking for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Remove from oven and baste chicken breasts as needed to keep from becoming dry.
- Once fully cooked remove from oven to cool
Soup base preparation
- While Chicken is cooking begin soup base prep.
- Measure and pour water and wine into soup pot.
- Wash, peel, and small cube potatoes. Put into soup pot.
- Mince carrots, onions, garlic, pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, kale, parsley, basil, and celery. Add to soup pot.
- Add butter, corn, bouillon, and all spices to soup pot.
- Once Chicken has cooled slice each breast in thirds lengthwise and chop into 1/4's width wise. You don't want the pieces too large or too small as they disappear into the soup.
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil on the stove top.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 1 hour and 15 minutes until vegetables have reduced and flavours have been released.
- Serve warm with fresh bread and side salad.