This is a big hit in our house at dinnertime all year round. Everytime I make this it’s like magic for me. I put the meat in the slow-cooker in the morning before I go to work and when I come home it’s ready to eat—-super easy!
No crisis if you don’t have a slow-cooker. You can also just make this in a covered casserole dish or dutch oven in your regular oven at 190F (95C) for the same amount of time.
Serve it with coleslaw and optional brioche buns for the non-low-carbers.
Slow-cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup Low-Carb Barbeque Sauce (I use my own recipe, follow link)
- 2 lb Pork Shoulder, boneless
For the rub:
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 head Crisphead or Boston/Butter lettuce
- Keto Coleslaw
- Low-Carb Barbeque Sauce and Mayonaise
- Set your slow-cooker on low heat and for 9 hours.
- Pour the barbeque sauce into the slow cooker.
- Combine the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl.
- Rub the spices into the meat thoroughly so every inch is covered.
- Place the meat into the slow-cooker and put the lid on.
- Enjoy your life the next 9 hours. ?
- After 9 hours, use two wooden spoons to gently pull the meat into shreds in the sauce. Keep going until all of the meat and the sauce are combined in shredded deliciousness. Taste the meat and season with a bit of salt and pepper if you like.
- Serve with coleslaw in the lettuce leaves with optional extra barbeque sauce and mayonaise on the side.