Absolutely love these! Really easy to make and bursting with the flavors of summer, sun and the ocean. You can use any type of Jumbo Prawns in this recipe. Here in Denmark in the freezer section, I can buy the Vannamei King Prawns that have already been peeled and cooked. Super easy! They just need to be thawed up.
Marinate the shrimp in my lemon garlic and parsley marinade and they become super juicy and full of flavor on the grill. Serve together with zucchini noodles seasoned with Easy Italian Pesto. It’s a perfect low carb and deeply satisfying meal. For the non low-carbers at the table, you can make a bowl of pasta on the side tossed with pesto and serve with a baguette.
Jumbo Prawn Shish Kebabs with Zucchini Noodles
- Grill (gas or coal)
- Spiralizer for vegetables (I use my Kitchenaid attachment)
- 16-20 Shish Kebab Sticks
- Lemon Garlic Parsley Marinade
- 20 oz Jumbo Prawns, Frozen or Fresh cooked and peeled
- 2 Bell Peppers, washed I choose one red and one orange for color
- 1 large White Onion
- 1 pint Cherry or San Marzano Tomatoes
- 4 Zucchini (skin on and washed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper
- Easy Italian Pesto
- Put the cooked (and thawed) prawns in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Tie a knot in the bag and massage the marinade into the prawns. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Heat the grill to high heat
- Soak your shish kebab sticks in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Cut the peppers and onions into chunks roughly the width of the shrimp.
- Take the prawns out of the refrigerator and assemble the shish kebabs on the sticks, alternating the prawns with the vegetables. I use 3 shrimp per stick. Cover with foil.
- Make the zucchini noodles with the spiralizer. This is my favorite part! I love my spiralizer attachment, it's so cool!
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in the skillet on medium high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté 5-7 minutes until they are a bit soft and translucent, but still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid.
- Grill the Shish Kebabs on high heat, just 3-4 minutes per side. Place under foil to keep warm if doing several batches.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with a few tablespoons of pesto.
- Serve the Shish Kebabs on top of a bed of pesto zucchini noodles.