I find that making burgers is a really easy way to make the whole family happy at dinner. ? I put all of the toppings up in small bowls and let everyone assemble their own masterpiece at the table. These burgers can be served with brioche, gluten-free or regular sesame buns for all. But, if you’re like me and watching the carbs, skip the bun! The pickled onions and aioli add an extra gourmet touch to the burgers. Serve with homemade low-carb ketchup and easy homemade aioli for the ultimate keto burger!
Keto Gourmet Burgers
For the pickled onions
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit + Erythritol sweetener
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
For the burgers:
- 2 lbs freshly ground beef
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 head Crisphead or Butterhead Salad, separated into leaves
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried
- Easy Homemade Aioli
- Homemade Low-Carb Ketchup
- Dijon mustard
- Make the Pickled Onions:
- Spread the onion slices on a plate in one layer, sprinkle the salt over them and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse the onions in a sieve thoroughly under running cold water. Drain and dry on paper towels. Put up in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sweetener, and pepper together until the sweetener dissolves. Pour over the onions and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Make the burgers:
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal balls and mold into burger patties. Season well on all sides with the salt and pepper. Fry or grill 5-6 minutes per side until tender and cooked.
- Serve with all of your toppings on the table and let everyone create their own special burger.