As a child I always loved chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven. This is my gluten free version with the added tastiness of coconut and pecans! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Bars
- Stand Mixer
- 9 inch Square Baker Stoneware Pan
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixer
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mix well
- In a separate bowl sift together flours and baking powder
- Add coconut. pecans, oats, and chocolate chips to flour mixture
- Gradually add all dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix on low until all ingredients are blended well. Scrap sides down as needed while mixing.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 baking stoneware dish, butter and lightly flour the pan
- Spread dough evenly into the baking pan
- Place in pre-heated 375 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned and set.
- Remove and cool before cutting. Best if cooled in the fridge as easier to cool once firm
- Cut into 16 pieces.