This tasty quiche is a hearty main dish for a summer brunch when served with tomato mozzarella salad!
Smoked Salmon Quiche
- 1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Salted Butter To butter pie plate and brush pie dough edges
- 6 Large eggs
- 1.5 Cup Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Bunch of Scallions
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2.5 Cups Portabello Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Pressed garlic 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Cups Smoked Salmon
- 1 Cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
Quiche Crust Mixture
- Sift Flour and salt together
- Add butter and use pastry cutter to work into flour until mixture is crumbly
- Add water and gently work on a floured cutting board, kneading for a few turns until it forms a dough; add a small amount of flour on cutting board as needed to prevent sticking.
- Flour cutting board and put dough in the middle. Press dough flat. Sprinkle flour on the surface. Roll out in a circular shape.
- Lift rolled dough gently onto a buttered ceramic pie pan. Press dough down into the base and sides. Use fingers to crimp dough edges around pie pan. Brush edges with melted butter.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven
Quiche Egg Mixture
- Combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and finely chopped basil. Whisk together and set aside
Quiche Filling Mixture
- Finely chop scallions, sun dried tomato, mushrooms, and spinach
- Press garlic cloves
- Finely chop smoked salmon
- Combine all prepared quiche filling ingredients and sauté until al dente. Let sit under lid for a few minutes and remove from stove top. Drain off all liquid. Add Smoked Salmon and mix well.
- Grate Cheeses and mix together
Quiche final steps
- Pour quiche filling into pie crust
- Sprinkle roughly 1/2 of the cheese mixture evenly over filling
- Pour egg mixture over the top and sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over the quiche.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes until lightly browned or until quiche custard is set and a knife pulls clean.
- Put Quiche on plate or towel and place on top shelf of fridge. Leave in refrigerator for 1.5 hours to set. Once cooled slice into 8 pieces and serve for a hearty lunch when with tomato mozzarella salad on the side. Enjoy!