A delicious, easy to make, Focaccia bread to compliment summer dips and soups!
Sun Dried Tomato Olive Focaccia Bread
- 4 Cups Enriched White Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- 2 Cups Water Warm, Not hot or it kills the yeast!
- 3 Cups Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Kalamata Olives
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 tbsp Course Black Pepper for topping
- 1 tbsp Course Salt for topping
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil for topping
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano for topping
- Combine Flour, dried basil and dried oregano.
- Combine warm water with dried yeast and brown sugar. Mix well until smooth. Whisk in oil and egg
- Have a few cups of flour set aside on counter top. Add liquid to dry ingredients. Mix with a large wooden spoon initially and add flour to make the dough less sticky. Continue to add flour and knead by hand, folding over dough and using the heel of your palm to press into the center as you continue to knead. Continue adding flour as needed, so its not sticky, and kneading until dough hold its form. Tuck edges under so you end up with a well shaped ball.
- Flour countertop or large cutting board. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes covered. Add four to top of dough and roll out until dough is the size of a cookie sheet pan. add Flour as needed to counter top/ bread board to prevent sticking.
- Lift dough onto a well oiled cookie sheet tray and stretch dough to edges of the pan. Twist dough over and crimp on edges all the way around the pan. Brush with a mixture of olive oil/sun dried tomato oil until dough is well covered.
- At whole or sliced Sun Dried tomatoes and whole Kalamata olives evenly across dough surface
- Crack Black Peppercorns over Focaccia and sprinkle with course salt. Can Add a mixture of dried Basil and Oregano as well.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. When done remove from over and slice into 18 pieces once slightly cooled. Serve warm with soup or dips.