A light soup, using fresh garden ingredients, perfect for cooler summer evenings serve with fresh made Focaccia Bread!
Lentil Tomato Soup
- 2 Cups Red Lentils Dry
- 8 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Minced fresh Garden tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Cups Cubed Potatoes Peeled
- 4 Cups Garden Carrots Peeled and Chopped
- 3 Cups Leeks Peel outer layer and mince
- 4 tbsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil chopped
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh or Dried Oregano chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup fresh or dried parsley chopped
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Cube potatoes, chop carrots, basil, oregano, parsley, leeks. Grate fresh Ginger Root. Sautée all in olive oil until just softened. 5 – 7 minutes. Add fresh chopped tomatoes at end.
- Add red Lentils, Sautéed ingredients, and 8 cups of water, remaining spices, vinegar, and soy sauce to a medium sized sauce pan. bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until the flavours are released in the soup.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve warm with Sun Dried Tomato Focaccia Bread. Enjoy!