An easy to make, delicious appetizer or side dish to a main course. You use a spicier curry to add a bit of spice to your summer evenings!
Gluten-Free Corn Canapé
- 2 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels Approximately 3-4 Corn Cobs depending on size. Can substitute canned corn if needed
- 3/4 Cup Scallions Minced
- 1 Chipotle Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic clove Minced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Minced
- 1 tsp Coriander spice ground
- 1 tsp Cumin spice ground
- 1.5 tsp Curry Powder ground, Mild to Medium heat
- 4 tbsp Sorghum Flour Can Substitute regular All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum Omit if using Wheat flour instead
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt and Black Pepper mixture, equal portions of each Can add more or less to taste to the batter. Sprinkle on top at the end
- Remove corn kernels from cob is using fresh corn
- Finely Mince Pepper, Scallions, Cilantro, and Garlic
- Mix all ingredients together until batter us smooth, without any lumps
- Heat skillet to on medium setting
- Once a small amount of oil in the pan sizzles add more olive oil to coat. Grapeseed oil works well too and doesn't smoke!
- Drop batter by 1/4 C at a time, can cook off several at a time, just be sure to leave some space between each so they can spread out bit.
- Fry until golden brown. Flip over and fry on the other side until golden brown as well. Approximately 5 minutes cook time total depending on fritter size. Can sprinkle with salt and pepper mix at end. Serve warm