We eat lamb often, especially in the spring and summertime. Although it’s nice with a whole leg of lamb when the family is here, if my husband and I are home alone I like to make a lamb rump roast for the two of us. Just the perfect size for two and always super tender and juicy from the marinade. Serve this with Tzatziki and a Greek Salad for a perfect meal that is both low-carb and delicious.
Marinated Roast Lamb Rump
- Roasting pan with rack (or grill)
- Lemon Garlic Parsley Marinade
- 1 Lamb Rump (around 12 oz. or 350g)
- Make the Lemon Garlic Parsley Marinade.
- Put the lamb into a small plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Squeeze out the air in the bag and tie a knot. Massage the marinade into the lamb. Put into the refrigerator and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Take the lamb out of the marinade and put on rack in roaster pan.
- Roast 15 min.
- Turn down the oven to 350F (175C) and cook for 20 minutes longer until browned. Let rest 15 minutes before carving.