Growing up, we made lemonade from canned frozen concentrate and it was so good….and so full of sugar! Here’s a way to make it sugar-free with fresh lemons. Still good, but without the sugar rush and spiked sugar levels. Drink it over ice straight or with a shot of gin for a refreshing summer cocktail.
Homemade Sugar-free Lemonade
- small saucepan
- glass pitcher / bottle
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup Monkfruit + Erythritol sweetener (I use Sukrin)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (ca. 4 lemons)
- 3 cups cold water
- 10 drops liquid stevia (I use Sweet Drops)
- Combine the distilled water and the sweetener in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir slowly until all the sweetener is dissolved and the mixture is clear. Remove from heat and pour up in your pitcher.
- Add lemon juice, cold water and stevia drops.
- Stir and serve over ice. I prefer this to be sour, but add more stevia drops if you want it sweeter.