When we were kids, my parents had some good friends we visited every year where there was a tradition for making Caesar salad. Every year, we would gather in their kitchen and watch silently in awe as “Bill” cracked an egg into a big wooden bowl and slowly added anchovy fillets, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese……it seemed like a magical process that he alone had the power to achieve. Well, I grew up thinking that Caesar dressing was a very complex and impossible task, so I always just savoured a Caesar salad whenever I could at restaurants. I finally attempted to make it myself and, after many attempts, have found my own ideal Caesar dressing that’s both super simple to make and creamy delicious! Caesar dressing is by nature high fat and sugar-free, so it’s ideal for both keto, diabetic and low-carb diets.
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Mini-foodprocessor (or blender)
- 2 medium garlic cloves peeled
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonaise (Hellmann's is the best!)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (parmesan reggiano)
- Put garlic cloves, anchovy fillets, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, pepper and cream in the mini-foodprocessor (or blender). Blend until smooth.
- Add the mayonaise and cheese. Blend again until smooth. If too thick, add a bit more heavy cream.