What?? Low-carb cocktails? Absolutely and I wouldn’t survive without them! ? Here in the summer, I love to make mojitos out of the mint and basil growing in my garden. I prefer dark rum for the deeper flavor, but you can use light rum if you prefer. Here is a variation on the classic mojito recipe that is both sugar-free and delicious!
Low-Carb Basil & Mint Mojito
- Mojito muddler
- Whiskey tumbler (12 oz)
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- ½ lime, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. Brown Erythritol (I use Sukrin)
- 1 oz. dark rum 1 large jigger
- crushed ice
- club soda
- Put the mint and basil leaves together with half of the lime pieces down in your glass. Use the muddler to crush and blend the leaves and lime together. This releases all of the oils and flavors from the herbs. You want that!
- Add the rest of the lime pieces and the brown erythritol. Muddle again until the sweetener is dissolved in the juice.
- Fill the glass up with crushed ice and pour the rum over the ice. Top off the glass with club soda, stir. Enjoy!
That was really good! Maybe I should try this recipe again??!
I bought these crystal glasses last week, really nice with glass straws so no danger to the environment. Love them! ?