It’s summer in Denmark! Here, after a long dark winter, we enjoy long, light days and nights and most of all….fresh strawberries.❤️ When strawberries are in season and fresh from the fields, I buy them every day and put them on our dinner table. My own strawberry patch is doing great, just did a harvest today. So, now it’s time for my mini cheesecake recipe. This is a favorite in our house and….they’re low-carb with only 3 net carbs per serving!!
Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Silicone baking form (I use a heart silicone form, but you can also use muffin forms)
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp. brown erythritol (I use Sukrin)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature) (at room temperature)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sour cream (18% fat)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup Monkfruit + Erythritol sweetener
- 1 pinch salt
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F. If using non-silicone muffin tins, line them with cupcake liners. If using a silicone form, place it on a cookie sheet for stability.
- Combine pecans, walnuts, brown erythritol and cinnamon in the mini foodprocessor.
- Blend until ground together.
- Add the melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press firmly with fingertips into the forms until well packed.
- Pop into the oven and bake 8-10 minutes until firm and a slightly lighter color. Remove from oven and let cool off.
For the filling:
- Turn the oven down to 320F. Put a small bowl of water in the bottom of the oven to release steam for the cheesecakes. (I have a steam function on my oven, lucky me!)
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in your foodprocessor. Process until completely smooth (about a minute), scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Use a small ladle (I use a small ice-cream scoop) to fill your silicone form or muffin tins. Fill them up almost to the top.
- Bake in the steamed oven for 25 minutes. Turn the oven off, crack the oven door and let the cakes cool slowly down in the oven.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and put them in the refrigerator. Chill them for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. YUM!!